The National Cadet Corps has completed 58 glorious years in the service of our nation. It is the largest youth movement of its kind. Since its inception in 1948, this organization has been gradually shaping the social fabric of our nation. The NCC has helped to create a reservoir of disciplined young men and women and plays a positive role in inculcating the spirit of selfless service and dignity of labour among the student community.
The NCC (infantry) Boys Unit of our College has completed 32 years and looks forward to enroll more cadets each year. Some of its cadets have also gone for International Youth Exchange Programme at Vietnam, Singapore, etc. Being at New Delhi for Republic Day parade has become a regular feature of our unit. This Unit has encouraged young cadets to join the Armed Forces as a dignified and viable career option.
The NCC Girls Unit has been actively training cadets for the past 24 years and has produced cadets who have won laurels for the College and the State of Goa.
The NCC Naval Unit that was instituted six years ago, has already achieved the distinction of being adjudged the Best Institution twice during the Annual Camps.
Students who wish to enroll should contact the officers in charge as soon as the term begins.
NCC Happenings in 2015-16
Three of our NCC cadets, Yeesha P. Neswankar, Amey Gavtalkar and Nitesh Parab were the only cadets from Goa who represented Karnataka and Goa NCC Directorate for Republic Day Parade 2015 at New Delhi. Cadet Prathamesh Chodankar represented the Goa and Karnataka NCC Directorate at the Prime Minister’s Rally at New Delhi during Republic Day Parade. Cadet Ganpat Shevale of Navy created history by being the first NCC cadet from India to be transferred from INS Delhi to INS Vikramaditya during a personnel transfer by light jackstay on 12th February, 2015.
Cadets Akshay Barde and Pravinsingh Raj Purohit attended the Basic Leadership Camp held at Mysore.
Sonam Shinde, Pintu Ratod, Rakhi Shet, Sweta Naik attended Pre-Republic Day Inter Group Selection Camps at Mysore and Belgaum.
Sonam Shinde is now attending RDC Final camp at Bengaluru and is likely to be selected to represent Karnataka and Goa NCC Directorate in the Republic Day Parade to be held at New Delhi on 26th January, 2016.
Senior Under Officer Nilesh Volvoikar and Sargent Akshay Shirodkar attended the Cycle Expedition Camp held at Belgaum.
Cadets Ganpat Shevale, Cadet Sairaj Talkatkar, Cadet Shubham Halankar Cadet Prasenjit Parsekar and Cadet Rajeev Narvekar attended ‘Day at Sea with Defence Minister’.
Leading cadet Ganpat Shevale and NC-I Sanket Phatarpekar attended All India Scuba Diving Camp at Karwar.
Cadet Anand Naik, Cadet Gerson Dias and Cadet Hamid Shiekh attended NAU-SAINIK CAMP at Udupi.
Our college NCC Navy Platoon is selected for Goa Liberation Day Parade March Past at Campal Ground, Panaji.
NC-I Myron George Dias and NC-I Chentan Tandel are attending the final round of Pre-Republic Day Selection Camp and are likely to attend RD PARADE 2016 at New Delhi.
NCC ARMY BOYS AND GIRLS
During the academic year 2014-2015, NCC unit of our college has enrolled 68 cadets.
- Basic Leadership camp held at Mysore in the month of July. Cadet Pranisha Dabhale, Vaibhavi Walke, Swati Zantye, Allauddin Sandi, Clyde Fernandes, Sharad Nepal attended the camp.
- National Integration camp held at Dehradun. Cadet Tejasvi Chari, cadet Shweta Naik, Rahul Chodankar, cadt Dipesh Parab, Atul Ugvekar, Sufiyan Shaikh, Vinita Chari attended the camp.
- Thal Sena Camps (Selection) held at Belgaum, Hubli Cadet Viraj Chodankar attended the camp and selected to participate in the inter group competition for the Thal Sena Camp held at Belgaum.
- Cadet Vaibhavi Walke attended the Army attachment camp held at Army Officers Training Academy at Chennai. She was the only girl cadet selected to participate in the camp from Goa and represented Karnataka and Goa NCC Directorate.
- Following cadets were selected to participate in the Inter group selection camp held at Mysore for Republic Day Parade camp to be held at New Delhi in January, 2015.
- Ruchira Gawandalkar
- Prathmesh Chodankar
- Atul Ugvekar
- Sonam Shinde
- Quarter guard- first place.
- Kit layout competition- (boys)- second placeVinita Chari
Combined Annual Traiining Camp (Catc) Held From 24 Dec 2015 To 02 Jan 2016
Various competition were held and the competitions were tough and difficult in all 8 college NCC cadets participated in the competitions. DM’s college NCC cadets performance was excellent and our college cadets awarded championship. The following is the result :
- Solo dance- first place- clyde fernandes.
- Solo song- second place- viraj chodankar.
- Group song- second place.
- Group dance- second place.
- Weapon training- first place- viraj chodankar.
- Tent pitching- first place.
7 .Drill competition- second place
- Kit layout competition – (girls)- first place.
- SUO. Nilesh.Anil.volvoikar was awarded as outstanding camp senior.