General Rules of Conduct
1. Every student must possess an Identity card issued by the College. The students are required to display the Identity Card on them at all times.
2. A student will be denied admission to the college/classes without a valid Identity Card.
3. Loss of an Identity Card must be reported to the College Office immediately. A duplicate card will be issued on payment of a fee.
4. Students must attend all lectures/tutorials/practicals as per the time-table on all working days. Absence without prior permission from the Principal may lead to disciplinary action as per the directives of the Goa University and the College Authorities.
5. In case of illness, a student must apply for leave and produce a medical certificate from a registered medical practitioner within seven days of resuming attending the classes.
6. Students must read the College Notice Board every Day.
7. Students must not attend classes other than their own without the permission of the Principal.
8. The students must in no way disturb the orderly functioning of the college.
9. Students are not permitted to loiter in the college premises while classes are in progress.
10. A student shall not form any society or association or invite any person to address a meeting in the college premises/campus without prior permission of the Principal.
11. No student is allowed to collect contributions in money or kind without obtaining a prior sanction from the Principal.
12. No visitors/outsiders are allowed to meet the students in the college without the permission of the Principal.
13. The college reserves the right to withhold the final examination results of those students who fail to clear their dues (breakage, damages, etc) and return library books and other college, items within the notified time.
14. All students are responsible to the Principal and other college authorities in the college and on the campus.
15. Insubordination to any teacher or to any college authorities, use of indecent language, misbehavior or misconduct is liable for disciplinary action as per the rules.
16. All students are expected to be seated in the classroom before the teacher comes in and they should not leave the classroom without the permission of the teacher.
17. Parents/Guardians are advised to contact the college authorities from time to time in order to appraise themselves of the progress of their wards and their attendance.
18. Whenever a student has any genuine problem, he/she is advised to bring the matter to the notice of the Principal. Similarly if a student has any suggestion for the improvement/development of the college, he/she may drop the suggestion in the suggestion box located next to the Notice Board. Every effort will be made to see that genuine problems and suggestions are addressed.
19. The college will not conduct tours and picnics for students.
20. Students are expected to take care of the college property and to assist the college authorities in keeping the college premises clean. Damaging the College Property, disfiguring walls and/or college furniture shall be treated as an Act of Indiscipline and a student if found guilty, shall be punished as per the guidelines formulated by the College Discipline Committee.
21. The college is not responsible for the loss of personal property. Students should deposit any lost property found by them at the Office Counter. Owners can claim their lost property (if found) from the Office on producing necessary evidence.
22. A student who wishes to apply for any certificate from the college shall approach the College Administrative Staff.
23. Ragging and Sexual Harassment of fellow students is strictly prohibited. A student, if found guilty of such acts, is liable for punishment as prescribed by the Goa University.
24. Smoking in the college premises is strictly prohibited.
25. Students are advised not to bring their personal vehicles into the college premises as the college shall not take any responsibility for any loss/damage caused to personal vehicles.
26. Use of Unfair Means during examinations is strictly prohibited. A student, if found guilty, shall be liable for punishment as per the rules prescribed by Goa University.
27. Mobile phones are prohibited on the campus and inside the classroom. If a student is found in possession of a mobile phone the same will be confiscated.
28. The Principal’s decision on all matters of the college shall be final and binding on all the students at all times.
29. Failure to observe any of the above mentioned rules and any other rules notified by the College Authorities from time to time, shall be treated as an Act of Indiscipline and a shall be liable for punishment as per the Directives of the Goa University and the Guidelines formulated by the College Discipline Committee.