BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATION
Dnyanprassarak Mandal’s college offers a three year competitive integrated course Bachelor in Computer Applications (BCA) which prepares the student to take up challenging jobs in the software industry or pursue higher studies. The Bachelor of Computer Applications Course trains the student with comprehensive inputs from the rapidly changing IT industry, and enables them to take up the challenges of the corporate world. This course aims at giving quality education in computers to students aspiring to make careers in the IT industry. The programme is of a six semester duration. The students will get diversified knowledge, not only in the field of computers but also, in management, accounting and allied fields. The primary focus of the course is to train the student to tackle real-life corporate problems by means of projects, seminars and case studies. Successful completion of this course opens up options like M.C.A., M.B.A., M.Sc. I.T., etc.
- Well equipped laboratory.
- Highly qualified, experienced & dedicated staff.
- Free Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Organize workshops, seminars & events.
- Industrial visits.
- Outstation study tour to IT parks.
- Live projects.
- Interaction with industry professionals.
- Short term certificate courses.
- Participation in inter – collegiate events.
- Remedial classes for slow learners.
- 50% internal evaluation.
- seats: 40
Department of BCA has a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced faculty in the field of information technology.
RULES AND PROCEDURES FOR ADMISSION
(As per the Ordinances of the Goa University)
MANDATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ADMISSION:
- An original mark sheet of H.S.S.C./Equivalent Examination
- Two attested copies of the H.S.S.C./Equivalent Examination.
- An original copy of H.S.S.C. leaving certificate
- One attested copy of the H.S.S.C. leaving certificate
- Attested photocopy of caste certificate issued by competent authority (if applicable).
- Eligibility certificate (in original) issued by Goa University
- Migration certificate (for those students who have passed Std. XII or any other Equivalent Examination through any other recognized Board other than Goa Board)
- Income Certificate issued by Competent Authority (if applicable)
- Five copies of recent passport sized photographs.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION:
Eligibility for Admission to Semester-I and Semester-II
- Any candidate who has passed the XII standard examination in any stream from Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education or equivalent is eligible for admission to the first semester.
- A candidate shall be selected based on a selection test as prescribed by Goa University from time to time. The selection test shall test the general aptitude, logical reasoning and analytical ability and basic arithmetical skills of the candidate.
- A candidate admitted for Semester-I shall be deemed eligible for admission to Semester-II
Number of candidates to be admitted to BCA programme shall not be more than 40 per division per year.
SCHOLARSHIP AND SCHEMES
- Financial assistance under bursary scheme
- Post-Matric Scholarships to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
- Post- Matric Gagan Bharari merit based scholarship to ST students.
- Fee Waiver Scheme for SC / ST.
- Dayanand Bandodkar Scheme for higher education for orphans.
- Scholarship for physically handicapped students.
- Educational concession to the children of service personnel.
- Educational concession to the children of freedom fighters.
- Higher education to the dhangar / gauli family.
- Scholarship for children of mine workers.
- Financial Assistance from students aid fund.
- Scholarship from Dempo Charities Trust.
- Scholarship from Sitaram Jindal Foundation.
- Scholarship under P.T.A.
- Merit cum Means based scholarship for minority students.
- Central Sector Scholarship.
- M’s College Staff Aid for the students requiring Financial support.
(A student can obtain the above mentioned scholarships/fee exemptions on fulfillment of all criteria as specified by the Government.