M.Sc. (Pharmaceautical Chemistry )
Each year will have two semesters. Each Semester will consists of two modules, (optional-elective and compulsory-core) papers. Each module will have two papers. Any elective papers can be chosen in each semester. There is also a industrial project paper-Dissertation of 3 months industrial training. Taught courses are structured on a modular basis to permit a choice of options and to accommodate entrants from a range of backgrounds. Each module requires a minimum of 75% attendance, and maximum efforts from students.
Course Requirements :
To qualify for a MSc. Degree:
1. Students must successfully complete all the modules applicable to him/her.
2. Students are also required to submit a dissertation based upon a major project undertaken by them in the industry.
3. Minimum attendance required is 75%.
4. Three months internship in industry/research organization
Bachelor’s degree in Chemical /Pharmaceutical sciences/Microbiology of any recognized University with minimum 60% marks on aggregate or equivalent grade as specified for the course.
The Selection process for the admission to the MSc. Pharmaceutical Chemistry is as follows: The applicants will undergo an Entrance Test formulated by the department comprising of basic pharmaceutical, analytical chemistry as well as basic computer knowledge. The test will be of 1hr. and will comprise of multiple choice type questions. The selection of the applicant will be based on his/her performance in the Entrance test and academic record.
Skills to be imparted
1. Students will get a broader view about the relation of chemistry and pharmacy.
2. Students will get greater exposure to industries.
3. Students will be able to develop good adequate analytical skills required in the industries. Learn modern instrumentation techniques.
4. Students will acquire knowledge on good manufacturing practices and good laboratory practices.
5. Students will be well -versed with topics related to advances in the field of drug discovery like combinatorial synthesis, radiopharmaceuticals, computer-aided drug design, patents, nanomaterials etc.
6. Students will be able to develop good communication and presentation skills.
7. Students will also be equipped with knowledge on pharmaceutical statistics and pharmaceutical management.
8. Students will be able to present themselves as a confident, suitable candidature to important industrial positions in Quality control, quality assurance, R& D etc.
Placement Initiatives and Prospects:
The Placement Cell of the college actively coordinates the task of organizing the campus interviews, enabling the students to go through the campus recruitment process governed by the recruitment policies of various companies.
Contact for details: Dr. Vidya Desai,
D.M, s College & Research Centre