Rules & Procedures for admissions to B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. courses.
(As per the Ordinances of the Goa University)
1. The course for the degree of Bachelor of Arts/Science/Commerce shall be of three years duration.
2. Admission to the First Year B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. courses shall start immediately after the declaration of results by the Goa Board of Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (HSCCE).
3. Admissions will be open for a specific period of time. A student cannot obtain admission after thirty days of commencement of the First Term.
4. Students who have passed any examination equivalent to the examination conducted by the Goa Board, will be granted ‘Provisional’ admission. Confirmation of their admission is subject to the submission of an ‘Eligibility Certificate’ issued by the Registrar of Goa University before the end of the academic year failing which, their admission shall be rendered null and void.
5. Students will be required to submit particulars regarding their employment status at the time of admission. The decision regarding the admission of employed students shall rest with the Admission committee and the Head of the Institution.
6. Admission to foreign students will be granted if their passport contains a ‘provisional student’s visa’ and on fulfilling the criteria as specified by Goa University.
7. After the initial screening of Admission Forms, the student shall be required to be present for an interview accompanied by a parent (either mother or father). Applicants shall be notified about the date/time of interview on the College Notice Board.
8. All admissions are valid for one academic year and will have to be renewed for every subsequent year.
9. All admissions will be based on merit, availability of seats and, on fulfillment of criteria as specified by the Goa University and the College Authorities.
10. Students will be required to submit their completed Application Forms alongwith the fees prescribed by the Goa University, within the time period specified by the College.
11. Reservations of Seats for SC/ST/OBC will be as per Govt. Rule.
Goa University has started Choice Based Credit System from 2017-18. The rules of admission remain the same. For details on CBCS,click here.